Yayasan Kebajikan Negara, Malaysia (YKN) is a charitable fund under the jurisdiction of the Minister of Women, Family and Community Development. YKN was incorporated on 5th December 1981. YKN is Alliance Islamic Bank’s charity of choice to support for their corporate donations. Find out more about Alliance Islamic Bank here
Rohaida Binti Harun is a 42 year old single mother who lives in Tanjung Karang, Selangor. She is a very hardworking woman who tries her best to help her family by running a small business.
– She is a mother of three children aged 17, 18 and 20 respectively. Her eldest son studies welding at a vocational college in Sg Buloh.
– Her second son received offers to continue his studies but due to immense financial problems at home, he had to discontinue his studies.
– Her youngest son is still studying in Sekolah Menengah Sri Desa, Tanjung Karang Selangor.–
– In 2014, Rohaida had a mild stroke that put her family through a lot of stress and difficulties. She had to undergo a lot of medical and alternative treatments to heal from the stroke.
– In August 2018, Rohaida was sadly diagnosed with aqueous lung disease for which she needs to seek serious medical treatment and take special care of her nutrition.
– Rohaida is a very hard working woman who tries her best to support her family by running a small business of selling porridge and yong tau foo near her house. At max, she manages to earn only RM.30 to RM.50 per day
– Rohaida hopes that after all the struggle she has to go through daily, she can provide her children a chance at education without having to worry about poverty and daily expenses. She hopes that when her children have completed their studies, they will become the pillars to support the family. As a mother, she is trying her best to support and meet all the necessary costs so that her children can focus on their studies.
– The major problem faced by Rohaida is that she does not have transportation to carry her equipment to business sites such as the Kuala Selangor night market and nearby markets to sell.
– Transport is of utmost importance because not only will it help her set up shop at the night markets but also it will help her to expand the food business by taking large customer orders who would like to hold events such as birthday, parties and so on. A second hand van of such nature would cost RM10,000. This will help increase her sales and she can meet the customer demand at a larger scale and deliver at a faster rate.
Through your donations, Rohaida will have the opportunity to expand her business to fulfill the basic needs of her family. Our aim at GlobalSadaqah is to turn people like Rohaida from beneficiaries to benefactors by circulating good in the Ummah.
The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: It is better for one among you to bring a load of firewood on his back and give charity out of it (and satisfy his own need) and be independent of people, than that he should beg from people, whether they give him anything or refuse him. Verily the upper hand is better than the lower hand, and begin (charity) with your dependents. [Muslim]
Rohaida is a living example of the hadith of the Prophet ﷺ regarding those who try to work to earn a Halal and respectable income instead of begging others. At GlobalSadaqah our mission is to empower such people so that they go from becoming beneficiaries to benefactors themselves. This is the core of our mission to Circulate Good.
Even the smallest of donations count. The donations from this campaign not only help Rohaida set up a decent business but will also help stabilize a family going through a very tough time Don’t let the numbers stop you for Allah loves all those who give and help remove a difficulty of a fellow Muslim.
|Alliance Islamic Bank||$802|
|Mohd Azizul Mohd Rizal||$2|
|Goh Chee Ho||$20|
|Alliance Islamic Bank||$719|