0 days left
Since the beginning of August, 20 earthquakes have hit the region. Nearly 1000 aftershocks have been recorded and continue to shake Lombok. The most recent earthquake registered 5.7 magnitude, striking at a depth of 28 miles.
As many as 557 people have died, 7,000 people injured, 430,000 people displaced, and 74,000 homes damaged or destroyed.
Lombok has been hit by 12 earthquakes of magnitude-5.0 or higher in less than a week.
Lombok has been hit by 12 earthquakes of magnitude-5.0 or higher in less than a week. Hundreds of football fields, rice paddies and car-parks now serve as tent villages.
- – A total of 68,000 housing units have been damaged. (Ongoing count)
- – 76,765 buildings have been destroyed.
- – Severe damage occurred in the cities of Mataram, North Lombok and East Lombok.
- – Many schools and mosques have also collapsed. Road access is very difficult, and 3 bridges are cut off which is hampering the aid relief process. A few of the villages have completely collapsed.
Image Source: AFP/Getty
EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM:
The Emergency Response Team Aksi Cepat Tanggap has expanded the range of post-disaster handling areas by building 7 evacuation posts in Lombok.
Emergency response programs that will be implemented in each Command Post are:
- – Distribution of food and clean water
- – Public Kitchen (Humanity Food Truck)
- – Health services and logistical needs.
NUMBER OF REFUGEES:
- – Public Kitchen / Fast Food
- – Clean Water / Mineral Water
- – Personal Hygiene (Bath Soap, Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Shampoo, Detergent, Sanitary Napkin, Baby Diaper)
- – Nutritional intake (milk, vitamins, etc.)
- – Communal Tents
- – Household equipment
- – Clothes, sarongs and blankets
- – School supplies
- – Health services
- – Medical equipment
Image Source: AP
- – Kab. Lombok Barat: 68,946 people
- – Kab. North Lombok: 158,880 people
- – Mataram City: 12,769 people
- – Kab. Central Lombok: Data Not Entered
- – Kab. East Lombok: 29,573 people
Campaign duration increased
The campaign duration is increased by 13 days
After meetings with Kitabisa, Global Sadaqah has partnered with them to raise emergency funds to aid the disaster victims hit by the earthquakes in Lombok.
This campaign supports partial funding and the partners on the ground will receive all the money raised regardless if it reaches the goal or not.